Insomnia is a sleep disorder that is characterized by difficulty falling and/or staying asleep. People with insomnia often have dealing with the daily grind. Sleep is essential for optimal functioning of the body and the mind.
A lack of sleep can lead to
- Not feeling well-rested after a night’s sleep
- Daytime tiredness or sleepiness
- Irritability, depression or anxiety
- Difficulty paying attention, focusing on tasks or remembering
- Increased errors or accidents
- Ongoing worries about sleep
When you notice any of the above symptoms it is best to see a doctor soon.