People with ASD have:
- Difficulty with communication and interaction with other people
- Restricted interests and repetitive behaviors
- Symptoms that hurt the person’s ability to function properly in school, work, and other areas of life
- The Autism-Spectrum Quotient (AQ): Evidence from Asperger Syndrome/High-Functioning Autism, Males and Females, Scientists and Mathematicians. 31: J Autism Dev Disord 5-17. . , et al.
- Screening Adults for Asperger Syndrome using the AQ: a Preliminary Study of its Diagnostic Validity in Clinical Practice. 35(3): J Autism Dev Disord 331-335. . .
- Using Self-Report to Identify the Broad Phenotype in Parents of Children with Autistic Spectrum Disorders: A Study using the Autism-Spectrum Quotient. 45(8): J Child Psychol Psychiatry 1431-1436. . , et al.
The screening tests and other psychological self-tests provided on the thevividmind.org website are intended for educational purposes only and should not be understood to constitute a medical diagnosis or healthcare recommendation. Do not diagnose yourself based on these tests alone. If you screened positive for a disorder, please do not panic. Remember that this is just a test you are taking on the internet and not an expert diagnosis. Please reach out to a health care provider for help if you are distressed.